Timeline playback question

Posted by Justin 
Timeline playback question
September 10, 2005 05:40PM
Hi all,

I've scoured through documentation and numerous FAQs, but I still feel like a moron for asking this question. Nevertheless...

Is it possible to have FCP continue playback when switching focus away to another application? We're trying to do a spotting session to place our music cues, and every time we switch away from Excel, FCP stops playback.

This is really annoying. Is there a setting somewhere that will tell FCP to continue playback even when the app loses focus?

Thanks - Justin
Re: Timeline playback question
September 10, 2005 07:46PM
No, there isn't. And if this is a spotting session, you really shouldn't take your attention away from FCP.

The solution is to have another computer, like a laptop, to use excel.
September 10, 2005 08:08PM
Why not use markers? You can create those on the fly without stopping playback, use SHIFT-Up/Down Arrow keys to fly from place to place, and type notes within the markers.
September 11, 2005 03:36AM
Uh, because that misses the whole point of creating a cue sheet. Clearly you have never had to score a movie.
September 11, 2005 05:38AM
No, but I have been thru several spotting sessions for TV dramas and comedies, and, using an Avid which also did not allow playback to continue while you tried to use another part of the computer, the composer either took notes or had a laptop.
September 11, 2005 10:41AM
> Uh, because that misses the whole point of creating a cue sheet. Clearly you
> have never had to score a movie.

The idea is to use the markers as a means to jump back and forth. Of course you'd still have to make proper cue sheets, who will not be using Final Cut Pro. The markers allow you to jump right back to a certain part of the scene so the director and composer can rewatch the section, discuss specifics, and make notes accordingly.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics