Glow Transition/Effect

Posted by Mike Burns 
Glow Transition/Effect
September 14, 2005 02:41AM
Hey Guys,

Can anybody recommend a descent, affordable glow transition/effect. I'm working on a reality show and the producers want that infamous "glow" effect that is currently being used EVERYWHERE in reality programming. If your not sure what I'm talking about...Tune into "Dr. Phil" or "Oprah" and you will see it used EVERYWHERE. I know Sapphire is the popular set for Avid...What is best for FCP?

There is a set of Saphire Glow filters for FCP, however, they are 599.00 for the set. Anybody using these? Is it worth the dow?

Any and ALL feedback is welcome!

Mike
Anonymous User
Re: Glow Transition/Effect
September 14, 2005 03:02AM
Look at CGM vol 2. Might be more stuff in vol 1 and 3 too

[www.cgm-online.com]

You can download a demo.

If you buy, do it through the lafcpug store

[www.lafcpug.org]

September 14, 2005 03:48AM
Joe's filters. Joe's Color Glow is one that I use often.

But the CGM one Michael pointed out is good to. I have that one as well.

Sorry, don't watch Oprah or Phil, but I do use these transitions in my work.
September 14, 2005 05:06AM
There's a free glow plug at [www.buena.com] it's not the best glow the world has ever seen but it works well for short flashes and it's free ...
September 14, 2005 09:18AM
There's a nice filter in my free section www.nattress.com and there's also Film Flash in Film Effects.

Graeme

[www.nattress.com] - Plugins for FCP-X
September 14, 2005 09:20AM
for this effect, i use the saphire suite prety much exclusively, and to me they are superior in almost every respect (except of course as you say the "dow" - dough!).

personally i dont care for many of the CGM effects. of the 136 in the full suite, there are about 10 that id really ever use. but at the $300 is price for the suite - those 10 are still very much worth the price.
September 14, 2005 11:17AM
Guys,

Thanks for all the feedback. Wasn't familiar with Grame Nattress's filters. Camera flash effect looks good. That "dough" we might be able to afford. Where is can up with "dow" - I'm still not sure. That's what happens when you work a 12 hour day, then post on this site at 1AM.

Thanks again!

Mike
September 14, 2005 11:27AM
good tidings mike! - i hoped that would get at least a chuckle from you, maybe you were worried about the stock market at that momment???
September 14, 2005 11:29AM
go here:
[www.kafwang.com]

Its under the "Eureka! Free Plugin Package!" link at the bottom of the page. You get several plug-ins and the one you want is "Vapor Across". Its an amazingly beautiful transition that I cannot believe is FREE!!!!!!!
ZIA
September 15, 2005 06:50AM
I use Sapphire Plugins and I can assure that they are the BEST ones. Take my word, All four boxes are worth getting it. You don't have to buy all at once. You can purchase 1 or 2 boxes and they will give you a time period to purchase rest of it for the discounted price as if you bought all four boxes together.
Call them up.
Good Luck,
ZIA
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics