OT: Anyone going to IBC?

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
OT: Anyone going to IBC?
August 18, 2005 03:25PM
Just wonderig if anyone might be going to IBC this Sept. 9-13? I'd love to go myself but that aint going to happen. If any of you are planning to go please check back here and be a reporter for us. IBC often has the toys that were announced at NAB show up on the show floor.

Re: OT: Anyone going to IBC?
August 19, 2005 01:39PM
I'll go there for a day and maybe give you at least a small overview.

Andreas

Anonymous User
August 19, 2005 02:05PM
Please do Andreas. Looking forward to your report and have fun

August 19, 2005 03:38PM
Amsterdam and the people - I will have fun beside the show.

Andreas
September 18, 2005 08:01AM
Hi,

Here is a late response on that. I only had a little time to walk to those companies I was interested in. Most of the news have been covered meanwhile somewhere.
So one thing was: HD(T)V anywhere. But still no news on which of those formats/framerates will be be supported by FCP in the very near future - the Apple man working on the Sony booth was little bit frustrated since he could not show FCP with the new Sony HDV features.
The Focus and Pana announcement for the FireStore 100 was quite interesting since it will make life easier and cheaper (maybe), but no real release dates. There are also still no P2 drivers out for OS X (and no idea if it will ever happen) - this makes the Pana HDTV much more expensive for Mac users, since you have to use the Pana dock.
The Canon people (at least those I spoke to) did know less about real features of their HD(t)V camcorder, than those things which could be found on the web.
Another thing which was very obvious: after some years the "workflow" theme is back again, many many companies were talking about workflow and XML as the main language to exchange - though many of them had their own XML set and did not know how to exchange with others: "? but, that should be easy ?" was one of standard answers. Here one new thing - in this conjunction - which not yet has been covered in the news. Since I'm working with a dutch TV station to connect things thru XML, I talked to the company, which sells the asset management system Artbox they use. The told me they are working closely together with Apple, to make an XML exchange possible - that was confirmed by Apple. [www.proximity.com.au]

Another - maybe interesting - thing: After Commotion disappeared last year Curious contacted all Commotion users to step over to Curious FX, now Curious was sold and I did wonder what happened to Curious FX - it's discontinued. After asking again and again on how and where to get this roto app, they finally said: "All right sold to Adobe".

Regards
Andreas
Anonymous User
September 18, 2005 01:29PM
Great report Andreas. Thanks for taking the time. The note about the P2 drivers is a bit troubling

September 18, 2005 04:11PM
I spoke with a good friend from Panasonic and he sees this as troubling too, as well as Apple here in Germany. Nobody knows who should write the drivers - is it Apple, Panasonic or some third party?
Regarding the Canon I found a first test today (unfortunately in German)
[www.slashcam.de]

Andreas
Anonymous User
September 18, 2005 05:15PM
Typical confusion it seems. So, did the German site like the Canon?

Mike

September 18, 2005 06:12PM
It seems they like it - 9000 Euro or USD is quite an amount of money - and they said it could be worth paying that money from that what they saw.

Andreas

P.S.
We got some kind of "camera" threads here in a german FCP forum. Somebody suggested to make a new forum for cameras - I think it's not such a bad idea.
Anonymous User
September 18, 2005 06:45PM
You mean a camera forum for lafcpug? dvxuser.com and dvinfo.net do a very fine job, so it would be very hard for lafcpug to find room.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics