Graeme Natress is Canadian??

Posted by Phil 
Graeme Natress is Canadian??
February 24, 2006 08:47AM
Cool...Canadians are renegades, I like the Natress Filter and I like all Discreet Software...Canadian and so Rockin' .. I'm gettin out my Guess Who LPs...Phil UK
Re: Graeme Natress is Canadian??
February 24, 2006 09:19AM
Blame Canada.
Re: Graeme Nattress is Canadian??
February 24, 2006 09:20AM
Graeme is English, but he lives in Canada.
February 24, 2006 09:25AM
I'm British, but I've been in Canada long enough that I filled in the forms for citizenship last month. Still not heard back from them though.... Hope it doesn't take as long as residency to come through!

Graeme

[www.nattress.com] - Plugins for FCP-X
February 24, 2006 09:35AM
I'm English, grew up in Canada and signed the citizenship papers then moved to back to London and live each day wondering whether I should be back in Canada. England is A) Flirting with Bird Flu. B) Too expencive. C) In Iraq. God help this country. We are though one of two countries on planet Earth fullfilling our duty to the Kuyoto agreement.
Wow! And I foolishly assumed that you - Graeme - lived in LA! The vagueries of virtual groups! What part of Canada? Good luck with the citizenship papers - I may be joining you if US politics don't take a U-turn for the better in the next couple of years...

Marla
February 24, 2006 12:34PM
Graeme: where in Canada...I'm in winnipeg
D
February 24, 2006 12:42PM
Graema must love "curling" then.

Invented in Great Britian dominated by Canadians.

Is a "sweeping" effects or "hammer" plug-in next????

Sailho

February 24, 2006 01:08PM
I'm in Ottawa, which is our nation's capital. Nice, place to live. Lots of open spaces. Only thing wrong with Canada is poor selection of Scotch Whisky due to stupid federal and provincial control of liquor.

Graeme

Anonymous User
February 24, 2006 01:24PM
Psst, Graeme...I'm in a northern state near-ish the border. I'll meet you there at midnight and hurl a case over the wall to ya!

February 24, 2006 01:42PM
OK. I'll put my list in the post.....

Graeme

Greg Kozikowski
February 24, 2006 02:53PM
<<<The vagueries of virtual groups!>>>

I believe we get contributions from most of the time zones. I gave up trying to figure out "what time is it there?"

In Austrailia, for example, it's half past August.

Koz

bj
February 24, 2006 04:41PM
Graeme u should move to BC, where the LDB (liquor dist. branch) of the local govenment liquor store will get you whatever scotch you require.
besides it would be same timezone as LA lol.
BJ
February 24, 2006 04:57PM
Sounds like a plan. Perhaps you can mail me some?

Graeme

bj
February 24, 2006 05:03PM
lol
sure
Bj
February 24, 2006 11:54PM
Where in the UK did you hail from G?

I have been meaning to visit Canada so if I make it over what wee dram will ya be havin?

Famous Grouse, Glenmorangie, Glenfiddich?

or are you a man of expensive tastes?

Johnnie Walker - Blue Label (blended 25-67yr old) at £180 per bottle?

or

The Classic Cask - Rare Scotch Whisky (35 year old Single Malt) at £250 per bottle?

Me I'm a Rum man so if any of you go anywhere near Central America and happen upon some 15 to 50 year old Guatemalan Rum then put a few aside for me :-P

Ben

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
February 25, 2006 06:50AM
Ben, I was born and lived in Durham, England.

As for scotch, well, single malts only, none of those blends cuts it, even the expensive ones. And it's really got to be from Islay, although I do have a large bottle of Glenfiddich in the house as a "drinking" whisky when I don't feel like diving into the expensive bottles. So, Lagavulin, Laphroaig, Ardbeg etc. is what I'd be drinking.

If you're in the north east area, there's a wonderful little whisky shop in the Gateshead Metro Centre. Got a bottle of 16yr old cask strength Laphroaig there last trip over. Lovely. It's wall to wall good stuff in there.

Graeme

February 25, 2006 09:04AM
Way-ai man - so you did the simple longitude shift?...

I have friends in Durham one of whom works at Gateshead College - I will check out the Grog Shop in the "Meht-roo" when I go up in the summer.

Ben

PS I don't imagine your an MS man but if you are then I believe you can still get copies of this:

[www.jardmail.co.uk]

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
February 25, 2006 10:03AM
... and the lovely icewine ! I love it most=)

[www.winesofcanada.com]

Cheers !

February 25, 2006 01:46PM
We did some brew your own icewine - tasted fantastic.

Graeme

May 26, 2006 09:03PM
Yesterday I got my Canadian citizenship! I passed the written test a couple of weeks ago, and was called in to participate in the citizenship ceremony yesterday, where you get officially sworn in, and get your certificate.

So yes, I am Canadian!

Graeme

bj
May 26, 2006 09:39PM
welcome Graeme
May 27, 2006 06:51AM
Gratz G

May 27, 2006 08:08AM
Thanks!!!

Graeme

Re: Graeme Natress is Canadian!!
May 27, 2006 04:39PM
Oy! Yo! Congrats on that, matey Graeme, Canadian seems a very fine thing to be. Are your ears and eyes and brains overflowing with factoids of Canadian History? Do you know more about what Canada than your native neighbors? When I meet a US citizenship-test passer, they always know more than I do about this place... Care to share an oddment or two with an ignorant American (well, not ignorant in all areas, but certainly clueless when it comes to Canadian hist)?

Still Marla, still in NY, but lived in Detroit from ages 2 through 8, and crossed the border into your fair Canada many times... though not for whisky...
May 27, 2006 04:47PM
1867, confederation, 1965 Flag, 1999 Nunavut etc. I'll forget them soon enough though....

Graeme

May 27, 2006 05:27PM
Wait: flag in 1965, even though the confederation was 1867? What did they do before that? And what's Nunavut?

Does it still feel very linked to Britain, government-wise?

Marla
May 27, 2006 06:55PM
The omdern Canadian flag oly came into being in 1965 - yes, that's true! Before that I have no idea! Nunavut is the newest territory in the North.

Britain - great people and there's no reason why Britain can't be great again, but like our friends to the south, they seem to being going along a fast track route to 1984, putting privacy and freedom to one side in the process. When I was a kid, 1984 was compulsary reading in schools. I guess that because Blair is older than I am, he missed that lesson in English Literature classes.

Graeme

May 28, 2006 09:53AM
I bet George W Bush never even attended an English Literature class...

Is Nunavut an inuit inhabited place?

Marla
May 28, 2006 09:58AM
I'm not sure that GWB ever attended ANY classes...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics