batch capture

Posted by myra 
batch capture
August 09, 2005 12:13AM
I encountered this message during batch capture:
"The audio sample rate of one or more of your captured media files does not match the sample rate on your source tape. This may cause the video and audio of these media files to be out of sync. Make sure the audio sample rate of your capture preset matches the sample rate of your tape."

I viewed the logged media but there seems to be no problem with audio being out of sync with video.

This is the first time I encountered this message.

Any thoughts? The capture scratch is set to an internal drive (2nd disc). I have enough memory 1.25 GB. I am running 10.3.9 on a G5 1.6 GHz
and FCP 5.
Re: batch capture
August 09, 2005 03:42PM
check your source tape, it may be recorded at 32 kHz. fairly common.
August 10, 2005 12:29AM
Hi Kevin,
How do I find out if the source tape is recorded at 32 KkHz?
Please explain how this affects the audio and video out of sync.
If it was recorded at 32 kHz, am I going to have this problem where I keep getting the out of sync message I attached on my previous message?

thanks.
August 10, 2005 02:40AM
> How do I find out if the source tape is recorded at 32 KkHz?

Turn on OSD (onscreen display) on your capture device (deck/camera). When playing a tape, the settings should show you what's on the tape, not what you set in the menus.

If it *is* a different sample rate, capturing and editing at a sample rate which matches the tape should get rid of sync problems.
August 10, 2005 03:44AM
When I played the tape, there's no settings. How would I be able to get the settings?
Does the camcorder have to be connected on firewire and view it on FCP?
Pls give detailed step by step instructions as I am new to this procedure.

thanks.
August 10, 2005 09:38AM
> When I played the tape, there's no settings. How would I be able to get the
> settings?

Find the on-screen display button on the camera. It should be labelled "OSD" or "Display". Look for it near the Date/Time button; that's where you'd usually find it.
September 19, 2005 06:10PM
I'm having the same issue during batch capture. But as with Myra, I notice no problems in playback.

The question is why do I have this problem in FCP 5 when I never had it in FCP 4.5? What has changed?

As far as how the footage was captured, I've made no changes in my camera settings. I'm shooting the same as always.

Thanks for your thoughts/info.

J.D.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics