Subject: HELP! Problems Laying off to 23.98HD! Questions about multi-format s

Posted by Aaron Sheddrick 
Subject:
HELP! Problems Laying off to 23.98HD! Questions about multi-format sequence.

I'm trying to Lay off a 10bit 23.98psf HD Sequence out of FCP5.0.2 with Kona2 Card (also set to 1080psf 23.98) to a Sony HDCAM5500 Deck. I striped the tape with23.98psf. Edit to Tape starts and then crashes 3-7seconds into Layoff. Deck has been set for 23.98psf as well. I performed edit to tape with a 8bit 1080i29.97 sequence succesfully so I know the deck and the patching should not be an issue, and 1080i29.97HD8bit is pretty sizeable file so I know my throughput should be fine. I'm using a 5TB Xraid patched directly to my G5 system_Dual2.25/3GB ddr. I tried making a Qtime selfcontained movie at23.98 and laying that off and no luck with that either.

What's even more irritating is I did a 23.98psf 10bit Layoff lastweek. SO I KNOW this works.
What else can I do? SHould I bite the bullet and convert it to 29.97 and try laying that off?

The other Question I have is this. If I have a Offline that has HDV29.97 and HD23.98 as well as HD29.97 source footage. For the Online should I convert the 23.98psf to 29.97 out of the back of my HD deck's format conversion card or should I use the Kona 2 Card to perform the conversion? Anyone had better results with one .

Sorry so lenghty just trying to give the full story up front. Any suggestions or help is most welcome. Thank you for reading this.
are you trying to " edit to tape" or "print to tape"

unless you have a superqick turnaround i dont see any reason to edit to tape unless you dont have the hd space..which its seems with 5tb u do.

"I tried making a Qtime selfcontained movie at23.98 and laying that off and no luck with that either. "

the solution usually lies in the problem..

8bit werks but 10bit no/

check your project / sequence settings and make sure sequence plays fine in the timeline
let me go back to someof my hd tests and ill post later...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics