LAFCPUG Studio Upgrade Pricing

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
LAFCPUG Studio Upgrade Pricing
September 26, 2005 01:34PM
Howdy!

I'm not to the point where I'll be upgrading at the moment, but I always like to keep an eye out for a good deal.

I saw the "Special" link at the bottom of the forum page here for FCP Studio and followed it.

I put the Upgrade in my cart to get the special price, and it came back with a different one than was listed on the forum. It came in at $629, not $579. I didn't proceed to checkout, because I'm not ready to buy quite yet. Does the rest of the offer get activated in the checkout procedure, or is there another reason for the discrepancy?

I then noticed that the Upgrade to Studio from the Production Bundle was actually lower still. I thought the uproar about those of us who purchased FCP 4, Motion 1 and DVDSP 3 separately before the Production Bundle existed had gotten Apple's attention and they changed the pricing as to not "gouge" those of us who were early adopters. Which made me think that I could be looking at the wrong software anyhow.

Should I be looking at the Production Bundle to Studio Upgrade and not the Studio Upgrade because I have valid licenses for FCP 4.5, Motion 1 and DVDSP 3?

Thanks!

Post Edited (09-26-05 12:06)
Anonymous User
Re: LAFCPUG Studio Upgrade Pricing
September 26, 2005 02:27PM
Damn. Must of happened this morning. Was $579.00 just yesterday. Prices change almost daily so you got to be quick. If you have the production suite then yes you want to upgrade from that. The FC Studio Upgrade is only if you own a retail copy of FCP.

Anonymous User
September 26, 2005 03:02PM
Sorry to seem so dense, but sometimes the Rules of Software aren't as crystal clear as we'd like them to be...

I own all of the pieces of the Production Suite, but I bought them separately because the Production Suite didn't exist at the time... I don't technically own anything that says "Production Suite" on it. I think I bought DVDSP 3 the same week the Production Suite was announced, and that was my last purchase.

That still counts as owning the Production Suite? Sometimes serial numbers are segregated into subsets, and I'd hate to get dinged for a software return shipping charge because the rules seem to be different for every manufacturer and it is quite difficult to keep it all straight.

To be fair, on the other hand, it probably makes sense to the manufacturers and has viable reasons behind it.

Anonymous User
September 26, 2005 03:14PM
According to Apple:

"- Production Suite upgrade: Open to licensed owners of either Production Suite or all of the following: Final Cut Pro HD/4, DVD Studio Pro 3 and Motion.

So if you own all of the above then you should get the Production Suite upgrade for $499.00, NOT the FC Studio upgrade.

Anonymous User
September 26, 2005 03:16PM
Thanks, Michael!

Again, sorry to seem dense, but if I didn't ask...

;-)

Anonymous User
September 26, 2005 03:17PM
BTW, Amazon has it for $429.00. Must of added that today too. Wasnt available last week.

I'm going to put it up in the lafcpug store now

September 26, 2005 03:17PM
I frequent this site often...and I am a darn MODERATOR, and I didn't notice that darn pricing when I bought my Studio Upgrade. I paid $100 more (the regular price).

Sigh.
Anonymous User
September 26, 2005 03:25PM
Amazon always has the best prices on Apple stuff. Rarely do I see any other vendor beat them. I have no idea how they do it and stay in business...but then... So shop at the lafcpug store from now on Shane!

:-)

Mike

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics