Capture error

Posted by Nader Kassir 
Capture error
October 14, 2005 03:36AM
Dear All,

i am using Final cut pro 5, i am receiving this message when trying to capture from my somy 1080i60i, the message is as follows:

"capture encountered a problem reading the data on your source tape. this could be due to a problem with the tape. capture has been aborted and your clip has been saved.

note that the tape is working fine and it has no problems, in addition to that i think i am using the correct settings HD-1080i60 under capture settings-capture input in Final Cut.

please need your help

thank you in advance

best,

Nader Kassir
Re: Capture error
October 14, 2005 04:38AM
he have u tried setting the capture to non-controlable device?
October 14, 2005 08:53AM
> he have u tried setting the capture to non-controlable device?

If you do that, you won't be able to recapture the clip, online it, and so on.

Usually a "bad data" error that I've encountered is specific to a certain tape, shot on a bad camera or otherwise marred. The only solution I've found is to capture around it. Figure out when the tape stops itself to give you that message and split your logged clip around that point into two parts. You may have to forego a certain section of tape.

Once you know how large the "bad data" section is, decide how important it is. If you absolutely must have it, then try recapturing only that section and use the non-controllable device setting then. Redubbing the tape may also solve the issue -- try redubbing just the problematic section.
October 14, 2005 05:49PM
Hi Again,

i jsut wanted to say thank you derekmok, i am new to this business, actually it is my first job and honestly i did not undertand what you mean exactly, i will be appreciated if you could clearly explain what you mean.

Anyways, thank you and i appreciate your help.

Nader Kassir
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics