October 19-We unveil Apple?s latest pro innovations.

Posted by bruce Devereux 
Looks like Apple is having another big Media event. This time with Pro Gear. Go Apple.
Sorry, here is the article link. Sounds like the new Powerbooks and PowerMacs.

[www.macworld.com]
It's about time those dual core computer came out. Apple has been delaying them month after month.
Anonymous User
Re: October 19-We unveil Apple?s latest pro innovations.
October 14, 2005 09:12PM
Eve of PhotoPlus makes ya think of that long rumored photo app from Apple and maybe an iPod Pro with HDV playback

:-)

October 14, 2005 10:15PM
Dual core will be great, but DDR2 + PCI-Express is equally exciting.

- Justin Barham -
October 15, 2005 06:51AM
Yes, PhotoPro sounds more likely, the pro version of iPhoto rumoured from a couple of months back. Now that would make me happy!

Graeme

[www.nattress.com] - Plugins for FCP-X
"PhotoPro sounds more likely, the pro version of iPhoto rumoured"

Wow do you think Apple will go up against Adobe on this one? Sure they did with FCP but Photoshop? Maybe.
I guess they will have an inside track on the program running on the Intel machines and Core Imaging has already a lot of what the PS filters do.
And if it's good it may help to sell the new Intel Powermacs or whatever they will be called.
This makes me wonder how far off FCP is to running on the Intel based machines. Will it be ready when the machines are.
October 15, 2005 11:47AM
But Adobe Photoshop is really an image processing tool, not a cataloguing tool. They'll clash a bit on raw conversion, but really, proPhoto sounds like a complimentary package to Photoshop. I use iPhoto to capture/catalogue my photos. It takes teh RAW from the camera and makes a preview jpeg, and then, when I have my selects I take the RAW file to the cameraRaw of Photoshop CS2 to do my real work - it works well, but iPhoto is slow with lots of photos and slow with it's raw conversion. If proPhoto addresses the workflow issues, it'll be a hit.

Graeme

Anonymous User
October 15, 2005 05:26PM
So...I've been using PS 6 on an OS 9 G3 because I'm

a. Cheap

b. Lazy

or

c. Waiting for this?

Or do I keep PS CS on my budget list for '06?

Graeme, what do you think of Adobe Bridge? I wasn't a fan until i went to a cs2 presentation and it seems pretty nifty. i guess partly because i only used the file browser in PS7 before, never iphoto.

andrew
October 16, 2005 10:47AM
There's a way to speed iPhoto up if you hit key # 2 all the images are shown in native size and iPhoto does not have to do any resampling to show the images. You won't be able to see them all but it does help.

------------------------
Dean

"When I see you floating down the gutter I'll give you a bottle of wine."
Captain Beefheart, Trout Mask Replica.
"You won't be able to see them all but it does help."
I should have wrote you won't be able to see as many in the window as you would with small thumbnails.
October 16, 2005 11:58AM
Bridge is ok, but I don't find it as useful as iPhoto, as it doesn't import raws from the camera. I like CS2 and it's raw controls though - nice indeed.

Graeme

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics