Audio tracks 1 & 2 only

Posted by Mark G. 
Audio tracks 1 & 2 only
October 18, 2005 04:12PM
O.K. I should be able to figure this one out, however, I can't. Everything was working well with the timeline but now only audio tracks 1 & 2 will playback. I can see the audio modulation on the track but cannot get tracks 3 thru 8 to play.

I have set the selection to 8 tracks for playback. Everything is rendered. There must be a simple remedy. I have tried everything that I can think of.

What have I overlooked?

Thanks for your help in advance.
Re: Audio tracks 1 & 2 only
October 18, 2005 09:51PM
Are all the tracks turned on?

Or what about this one - System Settings > Playback Control Tab > make sure there is no tick next to Play Base Layer Only (if render needed)
October 19, 2005 08:48AM
Jude,

Thanks for your response. I tried your suggestions but to no avail. I can see the VU meters on the timeline responding to the tracks but I still can only hear tracks 1 & 2 through the system.

I even tried a cut and paste to a new sequence but that doesn't work either.

??????
October 19, 2005 10:45PM
OK how do you monitor your sound? Is it possible you are sending tracks 1 and 2 to a different set of speakers to the rest? Are all cables OK? Does this still happen after a restart?

My next move would be to trash your preferences - wierd things happening out of the blue are quite often solved by this.

[www.lafcpug.org]
October 19, 2005 11:28PM
I finally figured it out. Somehow the FCP built in audio mixer had decided to play only tracks 1 & 2. Through trial and error and by hitting every icon that I came across all audio tracks now play as intended.

Thanks for your support and for not giving up on me. I almost did.
October 20, 2005 12:06AM
For future reference, which button was the one that was causing the problem?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics