Timecode break

Timecode break
October 26, 2005 02:53PM
I'm digitize 30 hours of Beta SP mtrl through Aja svhs to DV codec into my Fcp Studio, Dual 1.25 GhZ G4. I shall do a ruff cut before I Batch everything Uncompressed. Lot's of timecodebreaks appears (start and stop).

I've tried "Make a new clip" after timecodebreak in preferences. I lose Media mtrl from 10 sec to over a minute after a timecodebreak. If I use "warn me after" in pref i need to hit "Esc" before the end of the tape or else I lose the whole clip after the timecodebreak.

But the Media is there on the drive. I can see 36 minutes of material in Quicktime player. But in Final cut it's just 3 minutes then the timecodebreak appears. How can I change the timecode in FCP so I can use the whole clip. Even if the Timecode slips.

Best regards
Charlie
Re: Timecode break
October 27, 2005 01:45AM
"How can I change the timecode in FCP so I can use the whole clip. Even if the Timecode slips."

DON'T. No no no! If you are wanting to cut offline at lower resolution, then online at a higher one, that proper timecode is ESSENTIAL! Slipping of timecode is unacceptable...period.

Log and capture your footage. Mark in a few seconds after the timecode break, and mark an out a second before the next timecode break. Then log the clip and move on. Yes this is tedious...yes this take time...but let me assure you, doing it this way means that your online will be smooth...and having a smooth online is always a priority.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics