preview disabled

Posted by Ron Nichols 
preview disabled
October 23, 2005 11:17PM
In the Log and Capture mode I'm only seeing color bars displayed with the message "preview disabled". FCP controls my camera, but I don't see a picture. Can you help?.....thanks, Ron
Re: preview disabled
October 24, 2005 01:09AM
I wanted to add that I did trash the Preferences and that did not solve the problem....Ron
October 24, 2005 04:01PM
Are you daisy chaining FireWire devices? You should have decks and drive on different buses, or this problem will persist.

Trashing prefs usually solves this problem. Maybe you did not trash all the prefs. Can you describe what you actually did trash?

Finally, connect a video monitor as you work (as you should at all times anyway). That way, it won't even matter what the log and capture window shows.

Kevin Monahan
Author, "Motion Graphics and Effects in FCP"
Take My Masters Seminar in LA!
October 24, 2005 05:42PM
No daisy chain, I trashed all the prefs, fcp.plist and the cache. I will hook up a monitor. Thanks for the reply......Ron
October 25, 2005 09:03PM
How strange. Trash the prefs once again. If this problem persists, I'd reinstall FCP.

Best,
Kevin Monahan
Author, "Motion Graphics and Effects in FCP"
Take my LA Seminar!
October 29, 2005 08:03PM
Help! I've reinstalled FCP HD 4.5, still doesn't work. More info, when I launch the FCP, I get the dialoge box saying "unable to locate external firewire device" even though my camera is connected and turned on. In the capture mode the communications reads "VTR Okay" I can control the camera, but I only see color bars in the Log and Capture display.
I did trash the preferences before reinstalling the second time, anything else that I should do for a clean reinstall?

Note, I recently upgraded to Tiger OS, could this be causing the problem?
Thanks in advance for any help I can get.....Ron
October 30, 2005 06:17AM
Might this be relevant

[docs.info.apple.com]

All the best,

Tom
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics