WANTED: An Automator plugin to do QT conversions

Posted by JustinB 
WANTED: An Automator plugin to do QT conversions
October 31, 2005 10:01PM
I'm finally starting to play around with Automator to help speed some repetitive tasks around our little studio. One thing that we do a lot these days is 1) Creating a web-sized file from a QT movie output, and 2) FTP'ing said files to a certain directory of our server. Most commonly, we're going to 3IVX (<3ivx.xom>winking smiley as that's what our current client likes.

So far, I've been able to hack out an Automator workflow, attached to two directories via Folder Actions, convert via a Compressor Droplet, and FTP upload to our server (via a nice third party FTP Automator plugin) when any QT file is dropped into a certain folder. But it's obviously a bit convoluted. I wish there was a simple, cool, QT export/conversion plugin that I could drop into Automator that would make this whole thing easier. So any Applescript geniuses out there, well, there's demand for it!

Next on my list is to find a way to have certain parties automagically emailed with the link to the uploaded files when they arrive.

- Justin Barham -
Re: WANTED: An Automator plugin to do QT conversions
November 01, 2005 08:28PM
If you did a search on Automator World you'd probably find something, or something that you could modify..

[www.automatorworld.com]
November 03, 2005 11:15PM
Thanks Jude. I'll give that a search.

- Justin Barham -
November 07, 2005 11:36PM
Just FYI, we've since found that a nice way to do all this is by checking the Compressor option to activate an Apple Script after Compressor does it's thing. The Apple Script can actually be an Automator "workflow" saved as an Apple Script that say, moves the file(s,) uploads then, and the sends out an email.

- Justin Barham -
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics