reconnecting media glitch

Posted by r.daniel 
reconnecting media glitch
November 07, 2005 02:24AM
A co-editor and myself are swapping FCP XML and then relinking media to sequences. All the video automatically connect fine. But the graphics and music files do not.

All the file names match - exactly - in our hard drives. And are in the same bins.

I thought it might matter that our project files do not have bins with these files in them (as imports). But I did a test w/that and it still did not work.

Any clues?

Thanks,

Daniel
Re: reconnecting media glitch
November 07, 2005 02:55AM
I can't really solve the problem, but I had a similar experience and found FCP seemed able to find misplaced video files more readiy than other kinds of media. So I found it very important to make sure the file structure on the two systems was absolutely identical.

Re: reconnecting media glitch
November 08, 2005 05:31AM
> A co-editor and myself are swapping FCP XML and then relinking media to
> sequences. All the video automatically connect fine. But the graphics and
> music files do not.

I remember reading about this several months ago in here and there wasn't a conclusive solution back then, either. But I'm wondering, why are you using XMLs? These are useful if you're trying to go back to an earlier version of FCP, but co-editors should really not be using different versions. And if you're using the same FCP version, why not just copy the media and the project file? Is it because one of you wants to stay on, say, FCP4.5?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics