Anamorphic problem/Cage generator

Posted by Phil 
Anamorphic problem/Cage generator
November 16, 2005 11:02AM
Still no joy on this endframe biz...I take an endframe and it registers at 0 on the Motion/Distort/Aspedt Ratio. I need to squeeze it and I set it to 33.33 on Distort/Aspect ratio. It reads as 14:9 and I cannot figure it out. This has been going on for weeks. I work in England (PAL) and this ARC business still baffles me. Full Height Anamorphic and Jpegs. The station says the only way to do this accurately is to use a cage generator? What is that and how do I get one. Is there one in FCP because the title safe does not seem accurate for PAL. I don't know anybody onlineing on FCP. Need Help Fast...Thanks Phil
Re: Anamorphic problem/Cage generator
November 16, 2005 07:16PM
You can get a title safe cage generator from Digital Heaven (which is in the UK, BTW)

It's called DH widesafe and it's about $10. I use this all the time to keep my titles 4x3 safe inside the 16x9 space. Check it out here [www.digital-heaven.co.uk]

As for your 14x9 problem - this is harder to figure using words. Its so much easier to sit in front if this to actually see what is going on. You could try physically stretching the picture in the canvas using the wireframe function and seeing what numbers it gives you in the motion tab. If you stretch all the way to the edges horizontally you should get the correct ratio.

Possibly you should hook up with Digital Heaven over there - they are well known for their FCP expertise.
Re: Anamorphic problem/Cage generator
November 17, 2005 05:08AM
Jey Jude...thanks man, that issue of Full Height Anamorphic and title safe has caused me a great deal of strees..thanks and you are right about the picture reaching the edges being the right size is spot on. I have stretch and found titles going out of safe. A dicotomy of sorts..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics