Cant import livetype into fcp 5

Posted by Don Windsor 
Cant import livetype into fcp 5
November 16, 2005 07:59AM
I am using final cut pro 5.0.3
and all of a sudden I cannot import livetype files from livetype 2.0.2

I am using settings on both programs that I have used many times before with no problems

if I render a file out I can import it as a file but if I save the livetype file,,,it is greyed out when I go to import it...

also a project I have that has a bunch of livetype files in it are now unrendered and will not render...

any thoughts?
the only thing that has happened lately is the fact that after doing the apple OS X upgrade(the latest) my box would not start...I reinstalled from the os tiger discs, doing an archive and install, the box started and then I let it do the upgrades, everything has been working great...

I have also noticed that when I click a image, photoshop opens as it always has, but the image does not automatically open...

thanks for any help
Re: Cant import livetype into fcp 5
November 16, 2005 09:13AM
I've seen the Photoshop issue at work. I believe it required a Photoshop reinstall. The LiveType issue is strange, though. Try forcing an .ipr extension onto the files. Theoretically speaking they should already contain this extension (if the files appear as LiveType icons in the Finder), but it's worth a try.
I have notice something else...
most programs now dont seem to "call" another program ie: you click on afile and it wont open the usual application that would open the file before...
maybe related as FCP seems not to "call" to Livetype...

Maybe?
Don
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics