FCP to Avid

Posted by Jc 
Jc
FCP to Avid
November 30, 2005 07:54PM
I've been digging around the forum but haven't found a 100% response I needed for this question. I'm pretty sure the answer is no given my research but can someone tell me it we have a FCP project that we want to now edit on Avid DV Express that we can

a) transfer all the project file info to Avid with no probs using something like Auto duck but

b) we have to redigitize the media. i.e. there's no way to convert or tell Avid how to read the QT files FCP digitized original, correct?

...or is there a way?

thx. J
Re: FCP to Avid
November 30, 2005 08:25PM
A) Automatic Duck I believe does reconfigure the bin and sequence info so that it can be read by an Avid. At the very least you can save your sequence as an .aaf file using the free automatic duck AAF plugin.

B) You'll likely have to redigitize. Avids can import FCP quicktime files, but the problem is getting them to link to the sequence. Batch redigitizing is your best bet. Avid works with a .omf shell and the files need to be in that format for the Avid to use them.

Maybe the Pro Automatic Duck converts FCP media into .omf files. That would be a time saver.

Andy
Re: FCP to Avid
November 30, 2005 09:06PM

Other than recapturing, this is my only other recommendation...

[www.automaticduck.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics