JVC BR-3000U vs. Panasonic AG-DV2500?

Posted by ZIA 
ZIA
JVC BR-3000U vs. Panasonic AG-DV2500?
November 30, 2005 02:48PM
Hi guys,
Trying to compare JVC BR-3000U vs. Panasonic AG-DV2500 Mini DV decks. Can someone please tell me which is better?
Thanks,

Zia
Anonymous User
Re: JVC BR-3000U vs. Panasonic AG-DV2500?
November 30, 2005 04:12PM
I've played with the Panny. Its a great machine especially for the price. Don't know the JVC. You can get the Panny for $1595 in the lafcpug store. Like that it does RS 422 and both NTSC and PAL modes

Re: JVC BR-3000U vs. Panasonic AG-DV2500?
November 30, 2005 10:13PM
They are the same deck re-branded AFAIK. JVC and Panny are owned by the same "people." I have the JVC and I'm very happy with it. It doesn't record DVCAM (it plays it,) but it does have RS-422, as Michael said. That's the big draw. They also have simple audio level meters, and mine seems a bit quicker than the DSR-11s for FF/RW, etc. I think they are an underrated low-end DV option personally.

The only difference I know of is the color, silver vs. black. They might support slightly different RS-422 protocols, but that's just a guess.

- Justin Barham -
Justin you're right.

Except color (and the brand name) they are both the same. They do use both the same protocoll with RS 422.
Both JVC and Panasonic are Matsushita companies - and sometimes they work together. Also the HDTV CRTs are the same.

regards
Andreas
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics