stereo pair to same mono on 1 & 2

Posted by kevin 
stereo pair to same mono on 1 & 2
December 01, 2005 10:07PM
I have a section of video with voice track being track 2 and the music is track 1. How do I export as a quicktime movie so I get both tracks on channel 1 and 2?

Thanx,

Kevin

"A problem can never be solved by the same consciousness that created it"
Einstein
Re: stereo pair to same mono on 1 & 2
December 01, 2005 10:51PM
Do an audio mixdown before exporting
December 01, 2005 10:52PM
Ooops, forgot to say, pan them both center.
December 01, 2005 11:37PM
Kevin, you didn't mean you still want them separated into two distinct tracks, did you?
December 02, 2005 12:42AM
No, i wanted to end up with the same mixed audio on track 1 & 2. I did the pan to center then exported and ended up with voice and music on 1 track and voice only on the other when I exported. Wierd.

Any sugestions?

Kevin

"A problem can never be solved by the same consciousness that created it"
Einstein
December 02, 2005 01:24AM
It sounds like you had your music panned to one side. Check in your Tools>Audio mixer. Start with the play head at the beginning and hit play, then watch your pan controls and see if they both stay center. Check it all the way through before exporting. You may have a keyframe somewhere on the music track that causes it to pan to one side. Also unlink your tracks so they are not stereo, as that defaults to left and right pan. Check it all the way through before exporting again.
December 02, 2005 01:26AM
> I did the pan to center then exported and ended up with voice and music on
> 1 track and voice only on the other when I exported. Wierd.

That is weird. Could be a bug, or a QuickTime export setting? Or, try breaking the stereo pair into mono tracks before the export. The command for breaking a stereo pair is OPTION-L. Another thing to try is to nest the audio.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics