Specific Proj. troubleshooting

Posted by Dave L 
Specific Proj. troubleshooting
December 01, 2005 01:11PM
I working on a G5/DUEL 2Ghz/3gig ram/x serve raid(gigabit ethernet connection) and am having a problem with only one project.
All of my projects (feature film trailers) are kept on this server, and only one is giving me difficulty.

The problems are as follows:

1)Playback issues-especially in reverse
2)Display issues-I'm getting the red screen asking me to reload the window
3)Render issues-Effects(motion fx/Sapphire etc..) are taking unusually long to render
4)Project load time is just silly (proj file is only 6megs)

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks,
Dave Ligorner
Re: Specific Proj. troubleshooting
December 01, 2005 01:23PM
Sounds like a slightly or more than slightly corrupt clip. Can you redigitize your media, and delete all your render files?

Andy
December 01, 2005 01:47PM
Try a couple of things:

1. Copy everything to a new project file. Save that new file under a different name in another location, and see if it behaves in the same way.
2. Disconnect all the media, then reconnect it.
3. Start a new project file. Then import the clips one (or one group) at a time and see if any of them raises a red flag.
December 01, 2005 01:50PM
Thanks Derek,

I actually have done all of the above. Do you know of any specific proj. utilities of fixes. For example, In AVID you can delete any "Creating" files,MC State files, and digi init files and that will usually help. Anything similar in FCP?
December 02, 2005 11:31AM
Not exactly. You can go into the folder that contains your media and in preview mode in the finder select each clip separately. Sometimes, corrupt clips will not be able to preview in the finder in which case if you find one, just delete it and recapture.

However, corrupt clips are sometimes more difficult to find which is why I recommend re-batching everything.

Andy
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics