jumpy stills and out of focus

Posted by seeker 
jumpy stills and out of focus
December 05, 2005 09:31PM
Now this!! I have been working on a documentary project for over year. A mix of stills and video. I'm really at the end. Just cleaning up some last minute issues with the quality of my some of my graphics; small stuff. Today, on my last run through I notice a few of my stills suddenly show small jumps and going slightly in and out of focus as I play back. Almost like an overdone Gaussian blur. Looked great last week, even burned a great copy in FCP5 with no problems-now this, this week. Not every one, just a few but too many out of the nearly 2000 in the project. I tried to cut them out and/or edit around them and often they still show or come back. I tried to re-render-just in case. I find if I make a freeze frame and replace them entirely or even re-import the file it usually works but sometimes they still show up again. These are jpeg stills, some with pan and scan/ken burns effects, some not, some with surrounding transitions but nothing consistant to explain a filter or motion problem. FCP5 upgrade from FCP3 a few weeks back that didn't give me any problems-sort of. And no change in the machine (G4). .....I don't even know how to Google this.
Re: jumpy stills and out of focus
December 05, 2005 11:29PM
Do they look like this when you export a movie file and playback in QuickTime Player, or on tape? That's the only thing that matters. If they playback poorly in FCP but not on export, you can ignore them.
December 06, 2005 03:40AM
Make sure that you render EVERYthing. IOW, set the Sequence Menu>Render> items with the dark green FULL bar checked.

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead, DV Products
Adobe
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro Community Blog
Follow Me on Twitter!
December 06, 2005 06:02AM
You know, I keep forgetting this! But you are right. I'll try another burn, to see what happens. Thanks all.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics