FYI: FX1 Sample Footage and System Output.

Posted by Travis 
FYI: FX1 Sample Footage and System Output.
December 07, 2005 05:12PM
Here is some test footage, along with exports from FCP and Sony Vegas. It may be useful for some who may considering editing from HDV.

[hd-tv.us]

-Travis

Travis
VoiceOver Guy and Entertainment Technology Enthusiast
[www.VOTalent.com]
im still seeing the same jerkiness on the motion (cars specifically) that ive seen in EVERY other HDV clip that ive looked at.
Re: FYI: FX1 Sample Footage and System Output.
December 07, 2005 06:28PM
Hi Wayne.

On the 720P .mp4 clip, I'd certainly agree. No matter what I do, I can't seem to get rid of it - actually it looks like it's 15fps on both my MACs and PCs- and I did specify 30fps when exporting.

On the rest of the clips, I don't see anymore "jerkiness" than I see when I work with Digibeta (I don't have such a thing, but several studios I work at use that almost exclusively) footage, or what I see on my home TV. Of course that's my eyes, and my monitors - And I don't have what you might call "trained" eyes. It all looks to me to be "good enough" and much better than SD NTSC.

I do see less "jerkiness" from the Vegas footage, and more from FCP - I think Vegas puts in some sort of motion smoothing automatically when converting to progressive.

Travis
VoiceOver Guy and Entertainment Technology Enthusiast
[www.VOTalent.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics