What is a good digital still camera to use for production and post-production wo

Posted by Howie 
In the November 2005 issue of "Film & Video" magazine DP Stephen Goldblatt discussed the making of Rent and the DI process. The article stated Goldblatt used the Kodak Look Manager System to communicate with the dailies timer. He documented every set-up with digital stills on Canon and Nikon cameras and manipulated the looks with a dual-processor Mac G4. This sounds like a great idea.

After reading the article I'm considering purchasing a digital camera to help with continuity during my productions. I was wondering if anyone has any experience using a digital still camera for production and post-production work?

If so, what camera would you suggest using?

Thanks

Howie
I guess it's valuable to know that a motion television camera is the rough equivalent of a 1/3 megapixel still camera. The only reason it looks as good as it does is the motion.

*Any* still camera you pick up at the 7-Eleven is going to be better than that. You should probably concentrate on ease of use and other convenience features. You should get a 3-chip camera as they have much better color and will be easier to correct to your video camera.

Koz

I don't know if this is the same process, but on a movie several years back, probably, 7 or so, we used a kodak system that was probably the forerunner.

This is a system. You have to follow the system to allow for the film to look like the video (digital) camera.

If you're shooting video, I don't really see the need for it. You're seeing what you shoot on a monitor. With film you can't, hence the reason to use a digital camera to shoot the scene from camera POV using a system that allows for you to see the colors and some sort of contrast ratio. You don't need a Digital intermediate. You already have one.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics