App not responding at Launch

Posted by Beebs 
App not responding at Launch
December 13, 2005 03:53PM
When I launch FCP 4.5 the program stops at "Profiling RT Extreme." Previously the program was getting hung up while loading "AE effects plug-ins," so I deleted them. I've tried reinstalling the program but that didn't change anything. Does anybody have any advice?
Anonymous User
Re: App not responding at Launch
December 13, 2005 05:31PM
Trash your peferences

[www.lafcpug.org]

December 13, 2005 09:15PM
Trashing the preferences did not help the situation. Any other ideas?

-Thank you much
Anonymous User
December 13, 2005 09:19PM
Got any third party audio plug-ins installed?

December 13, 2005 09:40PM
Nope, no third party audio plug-ins. I read the Apple release on that. I am stuck.

It seems to me that I either have a corrupt file or a missing file, though I have no idea where any 'RT Extreme" files are kept. A search turns up nothing so they seem to be embedded into the program.
Anonymous User
December 13, 2005 09:52PM
Find your render files and trash them and see if it will launch

December 13, 2005 10:46PM
I trashed render files, did a restart, and still, hung up RT Extreme.

In case this is a problem with my last project opening, is there a way to launch FCP while disabling the last project from auto-opening?

Thank you much for your continued help.
December 13, 2005 11:33PM
A breakthrough

After letting the program sit at the start up window, I noticed a window was popping up very briefly every once in awhile which read "searching for movie data on 'IMG_4141.'" The IMG is a series of JPG's I had used in a project awhile ago.

Finally, the program laucned and seemed to run as normal. Though to get it to launch again I had to let it start up for 20 minutes.

Is this at all familiar to anyone?
Anonymous User
December 14, 2005 12:52AM
It is if the jpeg was not RGB. Or if it was a HUGE file and exceeded 4000x4000

December 14, 2005 01:46AM
"Searching for movie data" also potentially suggests dependent files that are missing the media they are referencing.
December 14, 2005 09:19AM
The JPG was not larger than 4k x 4k, however their were hundreds of them (they were stills shot with a digitial SLR) which were roughly 2k x 2k. The strange thing is is that none of those JPG's are in any current project. They were all deleted and are not on the harddrive.
December 14, 2005 09:43AM
Are you using a capture card?
December 14, 2005 09:50AM
No, no capture card.
Anonymous User
December 14, 2005 10:10AM
What Mac you using? If you have hundreds of 2Kx2K stills I doubt your Mac can handle that. No reason to have the stills that large. Going to choke your Mac

December 14, 2005 10:18AM
I'm using a 1.5 Ghz Powerbook G4 with 1 gig of RAM.

There is a reason to have large resolution stills: I am shooting timelapse footage using a Digital SLR, the only reason I am using FCP is that Avid is not resolution independent like FCP. With FCP I can zoom in and out of the image without losing the resolution. See LCD Soundsystem music video.

Besides, those still sequences are no longer in the system.
December 14, 2005 07:14PM
Does your current project reference the deleted files anywhere? In your browser is there anything with a red slash through it? If so, delete it.

If not - it sounds like a corruption in the project. I would copy all the timelines and paste them into a fresh project. If that doesn't help, it could be a sequence corruption. Try another new project and copy in sequences one at a time until you get a melt down, then look closely at the problem sequence.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics