itune imports to fcp

Posted by martini 
itune imports to fcp
December 16, 2005 04:36PM
I bought some music from Apple Music Store and cannot get it to import with content...I guess that's the point?? How do I import it to FCP and turn it into an aif file? I normallly do it in a flash from X fac or Limewire...it does not ask me for my authorization...which I have...thx, Martini (three/olives...)
Re: itune imports to fcp
December 16, 2005 04:40PM
iTunes Music store purchases are encrypted and cannot work with FCP. This is a licensing issue. FCP is preventing you from doing this due to the fact that you need to get the rights to use the music, and if you do, then you'd receive a music file that would work from the company you licensed it from.

Importing songs from limewire works because those are illegal downloads...not encrypted.

This makes it difficult for those of us in editing that use TEMP music that is only in the cut so that we can show the composer the sound we are looking for. Thus I am always resorting to Limewire or Acquistion. The workaround is to take your imports, burn them to CD, reimport them as AIFF files, then import into FCP.
December 16, 2005 09:05PM
Isn't it possible to set the "Import" function in iTunes to make them AIFF when you bring them in, thus allowing you to import them from iTunes into FCP? I'm pretty sure I have seen this discussed elsewhere in this forum and that it works (never tried it myself!)
December 16, 2005 11:42PM
No. Protected files (ie. iTunes Music Store purchases) will not permit conversions -- the Advanced - Convert to AIFF function will be greyed out and you'll get a disabled message.

The other two methods are to import the purchases into iMovie and then export an AIFF, or to use an in-computer recording program.
December 17, 2005 12:23AM
iMovie, eh? didn't know that.

i've been archiving a friend's radio chats, which i can only get in "real" format, by playing them and recording off the desktop

i've used WireTap Pro
[www.ambrosiasw.com]
and there is also Audio Hijack
[www.rogueamoeba.com]

don't forget to turn off any apps that go "beep"

nick

December 17, 2005 12:48AM
Oh yeah, and WireTap's recording volume depends on the playback volume, so watch out for modulation if your volume's set too high. (That's from have being burned myself)
December 17, 2005 09:36AM
Thanks Shane for your ideas...appreciate it much...M
December 17, 2005 05:06PM
Nice tips, Nick and Derek!

I've had good luck importing/exporting some-- not all-- AAC to AIFF using QT Pro.

- Loren
Today's FCP 5 keytip:
Apply default Video Transition: Command-T.
Apply Default AUDIO Transition: Command-Option-T !

The FCP 5 KeyGuide?: your power placemat.
Now available at KeyGuide Central
www.neotrondesign.com
December 19, 2005 08:14AM
Use iMovie. Just throw a title on the video track and bring in your music. Export as a .mov and off you go...
December 19, 2005 11:38AM
No need to put a title. Waste of time. And you can export directly as an AIFF from iMovie. However, if you're using the latest iTunes 6 and its music store, that requires QuickTime 7 or iMovie won't be able to import purchases. And QuickTime 7 is bad news for FCP4.5 if you're still using it.
December 20, 2005 02:12PM
I've burned the song fromitunes to a cd and just dragged it off the cd....

but those all look like good ideas too!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics