How can I use text in a good resolution

Posted by jeroen akkerman 
Help !!! I'm getting desperate by now.
No matter what I try, when I use text in FCP, I get those blocks on the edge of the text I want to use in my film.
I tried every resolution like 10 bit uncompressed to get it right, but it doesn't seem to matter. For example when I type a word in font CurlzMT , make it bigger by using the "size" button, and all I get is an ugly title.(DV)

Any great tips ?

please let me know!

Jeroen from Holland
Anonymous User
Re: How can I use text in a good resolution
December 27, 2005 02:30PM
Jeroen--

Are you looking at this text on the computer monitor or on an external video monitor?

DV has always been harsh on graphics, especially text, but it might not look as bad as you think it does if you're only using the computer monitor to judge quality.

If you're not using an external moitor, check the manual for a diagram of proper audio and video monitoring techniques. Depending on which version of FCP, it's somewhere in the first 100 or so pages.

If you are using an external monitor, then double check that you are rendering at Full Quality.

2 rules for text in FCP:
* always us Boris Title3D, not the FCP Text generator. Boris titles are vector, and they can be any size at full sharpness.
* always use the ScaleX setting in the Controls tab for Title3D, NOT the scale setting in the Motion tab. That is the only way you can preserve the vector sharpness.

And also, what deb said about a monitor and rendering.

Scott
Thanks guys, I'll give it a go !
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics