***HELP WITH 3 QUESTIONS***

Posted by Macmechanics 
***HELP WITH 3 QUESTIONS***
January 05, 2006 08:52PM
Hope you can assist!

We have a client using FCP 5 with the following issues:

1. Can you use an external SD monitor to view HDI 1080i footage in FCP 5 through firewire using a Sony HRVZ1P camera? It doesn't see, to want to co-operate

2. Does FCP 5 have an MPEG2 export option as in previous versions? I am not getting that option when attempting to export footage. Is there a reason why and what is the solution, or is the new IMX options the rreplacem,ent for MPEG 2?

3. Is it possible to downcovert HD1080i to SD 720x576 to create an MPEG2 for DVD Studio Pro 4?

Thanks in advance,

Barnicle Bee Buoy
MACMECHANICS
Re: ***HELP WITH 3 QUESTIONS***
January 05, 2006 10:21PM
Here goes:

1) I imagine that would be like trying to view a 16mm film through a zoetrope.

2) FCP can export mpeg2 using Compressor either from the export menu or by saving it as a quicktime file and then bringing it into Compressor.

3) Sure you can downconvert. Not you personally in all likelyhood, but you can take it to a dub house. Hey, you just solved problem number 1 too!

Andy
Greg Kozikowski
Re: ***HELP WITH 3 QUESTIONS***
January 06, 2006 12:56AM

Downconverting can be an expensive option on the larger videotape machines, I don't think you're likely to find that on a camera (but don't stop looking).

Somebody's making a downconvert software package.......HDVxDV? That wouldn't do you any good.....I gotta look.

Koz
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics