Final Cut SIX!

Posted by mark raudonis 
Final Cut SIX!
January 04, 2006 09:16AM
Here's something to start the rumour mill racing.

[www.thinksecret.com]

mark

Re: Final Cut SIX!
January 04, 2006 10:29AM
A new version of FCP within one year? Final Cut Extreme at $10K per seat?

Interesting to say the least. I certainly hope it is a complete rewrite of the aging interface this time.
Anonymous User
January 04, 2006 01:31PM
As a rule this forum doesnt comment on rumors about the pro-apps. Course its fun to do and I can't stop you, but just remember that these are rumors and chances are it will stay a rumor.

NICK B
January 04, 2006 01:44PM
problems to come later in the year

"Help this 4k five camera realtime multicam seq i am editing keeps dropping frames should i upgrade my firewire drive ?"

Onwards and upwards !
Anonymous User
January 04, 2006 01:46PM
LOL. I bet you are dead on Nick

January 04, 2006 01:48PM
sounds like a bunch of silliness to me... the 30" monitor is already uncomfortably too big. and i cant imagine what FCP needs as far as software enhancements that would increase its cost to $10k - maybe a pci card with a boat load of ram dedicated to realtime everything??? (like the old ice cards)
January 04, 2006 02:00PM
I think if they are planning to release an extreme version of FCP for $10k+, you could bet that it will have some hardware involved especially if the idea is to compete with higher end avid systems.
January 04, 2006 02:52PM
I know for certain some of the rumours in the article are false. Totally and utterly.

Graeme

[www.nattress.com] - Plugins for FCP-X
LMI
January 04, 2006 03:16PM
Graeme Nattress wrote:

> I know for certain some of the rumours in the article are
> false. Totally and utterly.

*Some* of the rumors, Graeme? Which ones would those be, Graeme? smiling smiley winking smiley Deduction being almost as good as supposition and all, Graeme. smiling smiley

<j/k>
January 04, 2006 03:25PM
Can't say.... (NDA)

But don't believe all you read there.

Graeme

Give us a break, dude...
January 04, 2006 04:31PM
How about some factual information here??

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

January 04, 2006 04:49PM
Bigger than 30" display? Does it come with a wall to hang it on 25 feet away?

-CHL

Post Edited (01-04-06 15:16)

Chi-Ho Lee
Film & Television Editor
Apple Certified Final Cut Pro Instructor
Anonymous User
Re: Give us a break, dude...
January 04, 2006 04:53PM
Guys, lets not speculate true or false here. I can get in trouble. You can have fun with this thread but thats about it.

January 04, 2006 05:50PM
Graeme knows the $10k price is false of course. It's $90k.

You know how Mercedes has that iPod thing.

You get a Mercedes. With the flip of a switch the front windshield becomes a "heads up" monitor similar to those found in jet fighters. Hence monitor is much bigger than 30." Surround sound is built in to the car. Steering wheel converts to mouse when FCP is booted up.

Man emerges from car which has been pulverized in an apparent collision.
"But officer it was Media Manager"
January 04, 2006 10:09PM
Why even leave it then, Mike? The article is a bunch of crap.

"...System requirement rumblings point to a Quad G5 with dual Nvidia QuadroFX graphics cards to work with 2K or 4K media."

The use of the word "rumblings" is aggravating. Who in their right mind would use a Quad with Dual Quadro FX cards taking up all 4 slots?This guy's sources were probably drunk interns at a Christmas party.

Rumors $uck.

- Joey

January 04, 2006 10:36PM
"The use of the word "rumblings" is aggravating. Who in their right mind would use a Quad with Dual Quadro FX cards taking up all 4 slots?This guy's sources were probably drunk interns at a Christmas party."

Mac rumors are always sketchy, but Think Secret is pretty tight actually.

- Justin Barham -
January 05, 2006 12:04AM
I liked the Airport Ultra rumour I heard from a blog the other day - wirelessly stream HD video around the office... or out of the edit suite and into the 'client' room.
January 05, 2006 01:18AM
>Who in their right mind would use a Quad G5 with Dual Quadro FX cards taking up all 4 slots?

Probably a company like the those that did the visual effects work on King Kong.

Anyway by the time the intel macs hit the stores it will be a new model number anyway..... something like the G.I.6
January 05, 2006 01:40AM
Sorry. But if you take a look at www.red.com it will give you an idea of what I might know and why I can't say what I know. Given they got all the Red stuff wrong and linked it to FCP, I can't believe there's anything remotely right in the FCP rumours either.

Graeme

Anonymous User
January 05, 2006 01:46AM
I thought Red is supposed to come in at under 20K

I'll believe it when I see it.

Right now I think this cam rocks my world

[www.grassvalley.com]

January 05, 2006 02:01AM
ok, where the hell have i been? whats this red thing? went to the site and it appears to be a camera that shoots 4kX...

what the hell codec/machine/storage system is gonna handle that for under major studio dollars???

am i missing something here?
January 05, 2006 02:08AM
Wayne, what you're missing is a whole raft of details that make it all very possible. The main thing is that the driving force behind RED is Jim Jannard, fouder and major owner of Oakley, and he's a complete camera nut, owning well over 1000 film/video/still cameras. He has the money and contacts to make this camera happen. He doesn't have an existing high end video camera market to risk canabising.

As Mike points out, the only other really innovative camera out there is the Thompson, and that's still just HD, not UHD.

Also, you don't have to shoot UHD 4k - you can downsample that to produce very superb 720p or 1080p. I can't imagine how good SD would look off this camera :-)

Hope this helps. RED will be at NAB, so drop by the booth and say hello.

Graeme

January 05, 2006 02:14AM
well damn! and that can be edited in fcp with all my normal kit? im intrigued!

i think this info blows the pants off that fcp extreme ad 30+" monitor crap
January 05, 2006 02:24AM
Yes, I'm sure that the downsampled HD would be editable in FCP. This camera is designed to be a disruptive technology - a complete paradigm shift. I think it's going to be awesome.

Graeme

January 08, 2006 01:49AM
"...Probably a company like the those that did the visual effects work on King Kong."

Uh...frank...did you read the article? I'm referring to a FCP Edit / FX rig, not a Visual FX rig. Totally different animal. You need the slots for an Edit rig.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics