OT - AJA Kona 3 Announced Today

Posted by JustinB 
OT - AJA Kona 3 Announced Today
January 10, 2006 09:46PM
PCI- Express only. Live video keyer I/O. 1080p50 & 1080p60 support.

[www.aja.com]

Discuss amongst yourselves...

- Justin Barham -
Re: OT - AJA Kona 3 Announced Today
January 11, 2006 11:57AM
Hi Justin:

Also, most importantly, it does SD to HD upconversion. This feature alone is worth many thousands of dollars, especially if it does it at a decent quality. Blackmagic is working hard to come out with something in their line that does as SD to HD upconversion as well but I suspect that we won't see it 'till NAB which means you won't be able to buy it until late Summer '06.

The K3 is shipping at the end of this month.

Guess I'll be getting the AJA card?

Dan
January 13, 2006 09:21PM
Old news, JB.

What's worth even more than Aja's fabulous products...their Customer Service & Support. Whenever I email them with a question, I get a LIVE PERSON calling me back AND emailing me within the same afternoon and we walk through the issues. - ALWAYS finding the trouble. For that reason, my department is all Aja products.

My boss approached me today and asked me if I wanted one...to be continued.

- Joey

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

January 13, 2006 09:37PM
"Old news, JB."

Ok fair enough. I'm sorry. I posted this on the 10th. I thought it was announced around then. I certainly hadn't seen it in the news and announcements forum: [www.lafcpug.org]

"What's worth even more than Aja's fabulous products...their Customer Service & Support."

I couldn't agree more. My experience with AJA tech support with the Kona SD and Kona 2 has been outstanding. Probably the best tech support I've ever had.

"My boss approached me today and asked me if I wanted one..."

I wish I had your job.

- Justin Barham -
January 14, 2006 05:33PM
So the main job the Kona card does is up convert SD to HD ? Is that full HD or HDV ?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics