Final Cut Pro 4 - Widescreen

Posted by Darren 
Final Cut Pro 4 - Widescreen
January 26, 2006 01:23AM
How do you burn a 4:3 video into a true Widescreen?
Re: Final Cut Pro 4 - Widescreen
January 26, 2006 09:08AM
What do you mean "true" widescreen? Are you trying to get 16:9 anamorphic? You're talking about a 130 per cent blowup here! If your whole show is fullscreen, I'd suggest putting a widescreen matte on instead.

This topic has been covered a good half dozen times in the last two weeks. Try this search result:

[www.lafcpug.org]
January 26, 2006 12:26PM
Thanks for the thread on this. I will look at it extensively. Basically, it's not me that is trying this "widescreen" (16x9). My dad does slideshow using Pinnacle, and burned the show in widescreen format, but his friend that the DVD was made for says that there was some color change or degredation when watching it on his widescreen TV. My dad said he never touched the color on any picture and burned it as is.

So my dad comes to me and asks me if I could create the slideshow and put it in widescreen on my FCP4. I told him I'm sure FCP could, I just never had to.

Anyway, I'll post again after looking at the new thread...

Thanks
January 26, 2006 12:29PM
> his friend that the DVD was made for says that there was some color change
> or degradation when watching it on his widescreen TV.

Before your dad does anything, are you sure the friend has a properly calibrated video device? If not, it's perfectly possible that there's something wrong with his hardware.
January 26, 2006 01:22PM
You know what? That's a good point. I know my dad has done stuff for this friend before, but not sure if this is the first time using it with his widescreen TV.

Let's say that it's not the hardware. Is it possible to lose quality of a picture within slideshows when "stretching" it to a 16x9? I'm only asking this because I have never had to do this before. I was always 4:3.

And one more thing, if it is his hardware, how can we test it? Using the color bars to test TV's color?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics