General error (34)-during batch capture

Posted by thc 
thc
General error (34)-during batch capture
February 17, 2006 08:10AM
i've logged the clips i want to capture. when i hit batch capture the "general error (34)" window pops up. this is the first time i've encountered this on any project.
i have tried opening a new project and using the same tape looged a clip, and captured it without any trouble. also in the original proj i tried a different tape, one that i have already loaded footage into the proj from, and it did not work, got the same error. I've tried throwing out prefs, rebooting, still this morning i get the same error?!
any help with this would be appreciated.

FCP 5/dual 2.3 ghz powerpc g5/3.5gb ddr sdram/hitachi discstar esata drives.

thc
Re: General error (34)-during batch capture
February 17, 2006 08:37AM
we have fixed the problem. i opened a new project, and started moving one bin over at a time, and tried to batch. if it worked i deleted the bin , and brought in the next bin on the original proj. i did this until the new proj got tripped up and the error occured. of all the media and files in the original proj, it was a very simple psd that was cause the problem. all the psd was was black background with the font "vo" on it. thanks
Re: General error (34)-during batch capture
February 18, 2006 09:36PM
In future also look for files with symbols like / in them. This messes with FCP's head.

PSDs should be RGB.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics