Time Code Window

Posted by Jean 
Time Code Window
February 19, 2006 09:48AM
Does FCP 4.5 have a way of displaying the record time code when outputing to tape of DVD?

Jean
Re: Time Code Window
February 19, 2006 11:29AM
You can use the Video - Timecode Reader filter.
February 19, 2006 11:41AM
OK, though I'm having trouble using it. I want the timecode to start at 1 hour and advance contiguously throughout the duration of my half hour show. Thus far, I'm only able to apply it as a filter to one segment of video at a time. I'm sure there is an easy work around, I'm a little dweeby when it comes to getting FCP to do my bidding...

Jean
February 19, 2006 11:45AM
You need the nest the sequence. Make a new sequence. Put your edited sequence inside it. Apply the Timecode Generator or Reader filter to the nest.

All the best,

Tom
February 19, 2006 12:50PM
Thanks.

OK, now, how do I change the attributes of the generator filter applied to the nest. When I double click on the segment, it just bounces me back to the original unnested sequence.

FCP challenged.
Anonymous User
February 19, 2006 12:57PM
Actually, it's not bouncing you back. Double-clicking on it opens up the nest so you can continue to edit within the nest.

Try dragging the clip to the Viewer, or right-clicking (or CTRL+click if you have a 1-button mouse) on it and selecting "Open in Viewer". There's another way, too, but I can't remember it.

Then you'll be able to have access to the motion and filter tabs applies to the nest.

Anonymous User
February 19, 2006 12:57PM
Or is it OPT+Click...

argggh!! my brain hurts!

Try 'em both!

Post Edited (02-19-06 10:58)
February 19, 2006 01:22PM
Just press the Enter key. Or Opt-double-click. Or shortcut menu Open in Viewer. Or View>Sequence.

All the best,

Tom
February 19, 2006 01:47PM
Thanks everybody.

Jean
February 19, 2006 02:01PM
Yet another option: Edit the parameters of the filter in a blank Viewer window, then drag it back into the nest.
February 20, 2006 02:37AM
Jean, you can press Enter or Return to open the nested sequence in the Viewer, or Option-Single-click it if you're mouse-inclined.

Whatever way you use, you can access TC Reader settings such as offset, or ID prefix from the Viewer's Filters Tab once you've applied the Effect>Video Filters>Vdeo>Tmecode Reader filter to the nest.

- Loren
Today's FCP HD 4.5 keytip:
Do a virtual Audio Mixdown to lighten playback load with Command-Option-R!

The FCP HD KeyGuide?: your power placemat.
Now available at KeyGuide Central
www.neotrondesign.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics