media manager

Posted by dangerman 
media manager
February 24, 2006 09:20PM
how do you keep your time remaps intact when using media manager to create an offline, or when using it to copy everything to another disk?

FCP 4.5, osx 10.3.9, al pb 1.5 Gz, 2Gb ram.
Re: media manager
February 25, 2006 12:00AM
One method is to put a version of the clip, with the Time Remap removed, in the timeline. That way at least you preserve the duration and In/Out points. But that's not 100 per cent, either. If you're really happy with the Time Remap, you might want to just export that as a full-quality self-contained QuickTime movie and then cut it back into the timeline.

This is why I never use Time Remap -- whenever I need speed changes, I razor the clip and change each piece's speed individually. Gives more control, too.
Re: media manager
February 25, 2006 02:06PM
Derek, I do the same (razor, indiv speed changes), but have you found a way that if you switch drives, etc (like the OP), that you can reconnect? I find it's just a jumbled hi speed mess. What do you do: make a note for each clip, then put each clip back to 100% (this will change all the lengths though?) then go through and re-'speed change' all the clips after reconnecting? Just looking for a good way to do it, because I do a lot of speed changes, and I find that the Media Manager on FCP is simply awful for these cases.

Luna
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics