HELP!

Posted by Tony19 
HELP!
March 08, 2006 10:21AM
...got up this morning to start work and my system seems to be frozen or somthing. I opened FCP and as soon as I made my first adjustments, the screen stood still. I closed and restarted [using the keyboard] and now the only thing that is accessible using my mouse is Spotlight. **Whatever I click using the mouse only brings up the Spotlight.** But my keyboard seems to work ok...
what is up here?
Re: HELP!
March 08, 2006 10:41AM
I just restarted again and now my mouse can select the main menu on the desktop, but I cannot find or select the dock. Plus, the mouse is not selecting the main menu precisely, it selects intermittently. Help?
Anonymous User
March 08, 2006 11:04AM
Might be your mouse. Un plug it and plug it back in. Got another mouse to try?

March 08, 2006 11:09AM
yes, I have a logitech laser mouse and it has always worked great. I tried unplugging it and using the standard Mac Mouse but both are behaving the same way.
March 08, 2006 11:16AM
Press OPTION-APPLE-D. Does the Dock come back? Try other shortcuts from OS (eg. APPLE-O for Open, SHIFT-APPLE-N for New Folder, APPLE-F for Find). Do they work? If OS is functional with the keyboard but not with the mouse, then you can narrow it down to being a mouse issue. Try the mice on another computer -- do they work perfectly?
Anonymous User
March 08, 2006 11:19AM
Tried another USB port? Maybe a keyboard issue? Or maybe its the OS. If so, then at very least boot up with the install disk and repair it and see if that helps

March 08, 2006 05:38PM
I am still experienceing navigation issues. My keyboard seems to work fine as I am able to execute tasks including activating the dock via keystrokes. But neither of my mice, the logitech or the apple mouse, bring it up the dock, marqee in FCP or many of the basic navigation functions.
What is the next step in troubleshooting the source of this problem?
Anonymous User
March 08, 2006 05:52PM
Repair permissions. If that doesn't help run a disk utility such s Disk Warrior.

Did you do anything between it working and not working that you remember? Install anything?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics