Did lightning strike ?

Posted by Peire Eno 
Did lightning strike ?
March 14, 2006 09:43PM
....working happilly, all is well..... (it was raining at the time).....working in FCP.........my whole computer shuts off(20" screen & 2.3 Ghz G-5 1 GB RAM)......My external Hard drive stayed on & my camera I use as my deck also stayed on.....now when I turn the computer back on it is having a real hard time starting up like a car trying to start...reeev ....reeeeeeev.. (I can see the fans spin alittle than stop).....and the "on" light above the power button, on the tower, is rapidly pulsating (which it never did before) ....... does anyone have any info for this one ????
Thanks, Confused
Re: Did lightning strike ?
March 14, 2006 10:15PM
Uh-oh.

Sounds like a hardware problem.

Try booting up using the OSX disc that came with the system. The symptoms suggest a hardware problem, though.

Make sure all your memory cards are plugged in tightly. Last I saw this problem on my computer, it was due to one of the paired memory cards not being plugged in all the way.

But I smell a trip to Apple.
March 14, 2006 10:57PM
Try zapping PRAM reboot holding down Command -Option-P-R let your machine restart 3 times I do 5 times see if it helps.
I do it 5 times cause Andrew Stone of Stone design told be 5 is better.
March 14, 2006 11:22PM
where do I go to see if my memory cards are loose? If it means opening the tower , I dont know how.....
p.s. FCP seems to be working fine,however,the fans still are going....reeeev .....reeeeeeeeeeev... and the computer starts up real slow and shut's down real slow. Thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics