Still text in FCP

Posted by Jason Butler 
Still text in FCP
March 17, 2006 11:55AM
Hi there,

I have a client who needs slides of still text to fade up occasionally over the video we edited. He provided us with a MS Word file of the text such that page one comes up as a whole slide, later page 2 as a full screen slide etc.

Can anyone think of a nice, streamlined way to convert these pages of the Word file to individual slides that can come up in FCP? I've tried copying and pasting from word into the FCP text generator, it looks pretty rough and jagged. Is there an Adobe app I should go through?

The whole program will be about 50 hours long and I have a couple hundred slides to put in, so ideally I don't want to spend a lot of time on each one, but they certainly need to be legible (duh) and without flicker.

Running FCP 4.5 on a 800 MHz G4, OS 10.3.9.
We have Photoshop 7, AE 5.5, and Illustrator 10.

Thanks in advance,
JB
Re: Still text in FCP
March 17, 2006 01:56PM
If the Text Generator looks bad, try Boris Title 3D, or LiveType. Make sure the font chosen is nice and thick. Fifty hours!?!?
March 17, 2006 02:11PM
Check quality in a video monitor AS YOU WORK.

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead, DV Products
Adobe
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro Community Blog
Follow Me on Twitter!
March 17, 2006 02:22PM
Yeah... 50 hours of a nursing review seminar.
Fun like a log flume ride in December.
Thanks for your advice, I'll look into Boris and Livetype. I have found Livetype to run pretty slow but it may just be this machine...
-JB
March 17, 2006 02:33PM
If you need that many different titles, I really wouldn't recommend LiveType because you'd either have to have hundreds of LiveType projects in your hard disk, or hundreds of QuickTime movies with alpha channels. Just use Title 3D.
March 18, 2006 12:26AM
I found your solution, but it requires Motion. This is DEFINITELY the way to go.

[www.digital-heaven.co.uk]

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead, DV Products
Adobe
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro Community Blog
Follow Me on Twitter!
March 18, 2006 01:19PM
Hey, that sounds pretty cool. I'll have to see if the big boss is willing to drop the money right now. Otherwise I'm sure Title 3D will work just fine, I had been using the simple Text generator in FCP. Thanks for your time!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics