OT Moving Itunes Library To external drive

Posted by Sean 
OT Moving Itunes Library To external drive
March 20, 2006 02:13AM
I have been at thus since Saturday. I am having trouble getting my itunes library to the external drive and working instead of explaining what i'm doing and having you guys tell me where i went wrong because doing that is sure to confuse me more than i already am, can i get simple easy to understand instructions on moving the library to the external drive my goal is to run my itunes music off the external drive to free space on the internal drive.

At this point i have the music on the external drive i have deleted it off the internal drive. I have the .XML and database as well as two "temp" files safely in a third location these are from before i changed anything (which is saturday about noon).

Simply how should i get itunes to recgonize the music on the external drive while preserving ratings and playlist's etc...

Remember I am using windows i do apologize i know you all use macs but as i explained a few days ago i am happy with help i've gotten here in the past and this forum is the best resource for help like this that i know of

Thanks guys

Sean
Re: OT Moving Itunes Library To external drive
March 20, 2006 01:17PM
Nevermind i figured it out i restored a backup to the internal drive and then consolidated the library to the external drive it seems to be working fine

Sean
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics