No Longer a Final Cut Project.

Posted by DS 
DS
No Longer a Final Cut Project.
March 22, 2006 09:45AM
Sorry- wasn't sure where to post - client has changed their mind...

I'm about to dive into a pretty heavy project, basically the client wants a full screen interactive slide show to be on display as well as available on CD-ROM (or DVD-ROM) It's about 6 to 700 high resolution images where the user can either play all, play a selction and be able to navigate (next/previous) if they want to. The catch- some images require a motion, an animated turn (basically from portrait to landscape- visa versa). And this needs to be a stand-alone product- someone can put it in their computer and launch it without having any support app (like iphoto or anything)

Any suggestions as to what route to take? I'm leaning toward Director MX (I'm a little bit familiar with it), but I'm not sure what it outputs- how compatible it is ect.
director OR flash could handle this just fine. and both are capable of exporting a stand alone app.
Re: No Longer a Final Cut Project.
March 22, 2006 11:42AM
Director will be fine as you would export a self contained Director movie or your could use Flash 8 for the CD-ROM or DVD-ROM versions

or

why not make a DVD with DVD Studio Pro?

You can make a DVD slideshow with movie clips for the animated sections...

Of course it will be Standard Definition but could be played on TV/DVD combo as well as majority of PCs & Macs...

Ben

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
DS
Re: No Longer a Final Cut Project.
March 25, 2006 06:10PM
Needs to play at a high (more than SD) resolution on 30-inch apple cinema displays. I've got Director now, all I have to do is learn it!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics