convert wmv to mov with flip4mac

Posted by blue11d1 
convert wmv to mov with flip4mac
March 25, 2006 06:26AM
Thanks to everyone that's helped me with this issue so far but I'm still STUCK. I downloaded the flip4mac demo then downloaded Quicktime v 6.5.2 as required by flip4mac but the demo still doesn't recognize the wmv files on my mac. I'm ready to buy the full program but I want to be sure that everything works first and all the numbers for the flip4mac company are disconnected. LOS ANGELES FINAL CUT PRO USERS YOU'RE MY LAST HOPE.

help
thanks
Re: convert wmv to mov with flip4mac
March 25, 2006 08:17AM
Open your WMV file in WMP9Mac then use File/Get Info and post ALL the information here. There are many variations on WMV so I'll know if there's a compatibility issue.

You should mention which version of Flip4Mac you're using. Use 2.0.2.10, the latest free download. Your OS should be 10.3.9 and up.
March 25, 2006 04:17PM
My OS is 10.3.9 and the info I got on the wmv file is KIND: MPEG Movie, SIZE: 40.6 MB on disk. I don't have or know how to access the WMP9Mac. The info I got for the file was off of right clicking and selecting Get Info. The flip4mac program is also 2.0.2.10 and it still won't work.
March 25, 2006 04:24PM
There's several old Microsoft formats that were called MPEG which preceeded WMV7.

Here's WMP9Mac
[www.microsoft.com]
You might need Stuffit to install it but that might still have been part of Panther. It's not included with Tiger though.

Flip4Mac plays Microsoft MPEG-4v3 and MS MPEG-4v2.
It also plays ISO MPEG-4v1 and ISO MPEG-4v1.1

You might try installing this for MS MPEG-4v1
[homepage.mac.com]

Bet you didn't know there were so many variations. Thank you Microsoft!

None of this should be confused with the MPEG-4 you can play in Quicktime normally!

Post Edited (03-25-06 14:30)

Craig Seeman
[thirdplanetvideo.com]
March 26, 2006 06:03AM
Thanks for the detailed info, I'm starting to see light at the end of the tunnel.

Tell me if I got this right.

I need to download WMP9Mac and the program for MS MPEG-4v1, in case thats the file type, then the wmv files will open in my mac and I convert them into mov files via flip4mac so I can import them into final cut pro.
March 26, 2006 08:35AM
First you need to check the codec in WMP9Mac since it may not be MS MPEG4v1 (although I think that's what it may be). Flip4Mac doesn't play WMV Screen or Image codec yet either. If it is MS MPEG4v1, download the codec that plays it in Quicktime (of course one may one the codec anyway BUT MS MPEG4v1 is relatively rare these days and I'm not sure if the codec will create conflicts).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics