compressor

Posted by shyboy 
compressor
April 01, 2006 04:16PM
When batch is in progress does or should the frame counter be sequential or should it flutter between 10 fame 8 frame 14 frame 9 frame.

I did a dvd burn and the first minute was good then i got big square pixelation
50 minte project high 60 minute encode.

Jim
Greg Kozikowski
Re: compressor
April 02, 2006 12:05AM
<<<should it flutter between 10 fame>>>

It wouldn't shock me if that was happening because MPEG2 has temporal compression. Only every fifteenth frame or so in an MPEG stream is "real" (the I frames). All the others (the P predictive and B bidirectional frames) are comparisons to each other. In order to do the comparison, the program has to jump around.

<<<I did a dvd burn and the first minute was good then i got big square pixelation 50 minte project high 60 minute encode.>>>

That could be a different problem. Symptoms like that can be caused by poor quality blank disks or very high encode rates. The blank stock check is easy. Buy a five-pack of Sony DVD-R disks and see if the problems don't go away.

If they don't, the problem may be datarate settings. The going theory is never encode over 7 in order not to overload the older DVD players. Some of the DVD Studio Pro High Quality settings go as high as 7.5.

Koz

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics