GREEN and no render...

Posted by nat* 
GREEN and no render...
April 04, 2006 02:47PM
...using FCP Studio - on a G5 -plenty of power
- and my sequences are green (not black) and it does not want to render a quicktime movie I place in the sequence
- we have checked the settings...am stumped.
(please tell me it's something small and dumb)
Re: GREEN and no render...
April 04, 2006 03:29PM
So this is a QT movie that you think should be rendered? Im not sure i understand.

If the whole sequence is green for all your clips, you need to change your sequence settings to match your clips. Then you shouldn;t have to render anything.

If your clips are modified and need to be rendered, make sure your render settings are correct. Go to Sequence>Render All(or Render Selection) and make sure all the different render options are checked, including green. Then hit Opt-R or Command-R and it should render
April 04, 2006 03:34PM
No no - What I am saying is that even when there is nothing in the timeline, instead of my viewer and canvas windows being black - they are green. If i place ANYTHING on the timeline - it doesnt want to render. NADA.....however, I just happen to use a QT movie in particular at the moment. All my settings are correct - or I believe - I have been using FCP for almost 5 years....I am thinking this is a bug in 5 - so I trashed my preferences and now it will render....however, both "defaults are green" - still confused?? The only other thing that has changed recently with my system....XSAN.
April 05, 2006 01:28AM
I had the same problem a while back, I had switch in the Sequence window, from safe RT to unlimited RT, or Vice Versa, I can't remember, anyway Try that and see if it works.
Moe.
FCP 5.0.4 and iMac G5 2GHZ.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics