FCP5 Multicam cut problem

Posted by Mark Morris 
FCP5 Multicam cut problem
April 10, 2006 10:03AM
In FCP5 multicam editing, I want to make an edit every few frames from different camera angles.  After loading the clip back to the viewer and choosing open in the play head sync menu.  I start to play the clips and choose my angle from the viewer for a cut.  That works.  Now, how can I just move the play head over a few frames with the arrow key and change angles and get a cut without manually getting the blade and cutting?  Send me an order of steps PLEASE. 

Mark Morris
DM
Re: FCP5 Multicam cut problem
April 10, 2006 08:41PM
Well, I'm no expert here but I'm cutting 3 camera's this way right now. Try the following:

Under the "Tools" drop down menu, enable two things.
Button Bars/ multiclip and keyboard layout multiclip editing.

You'll see a row of gray and green icons appear in an area above the timeline. When you select a clip and click on the gray ones, it changes that clip to whatever angle number is in the icon. If you click the green ones, it places a cut at the place where the cursor is inside the clip in the timeline. Like the gray's it cuts to whatever camera number is inside the little icon.
DM
Re: FCP5 Multicam cut problem
April 10, 2006 08:43PM
Forgot to mention, by enabling the keyboard layout, you can use command and the keypad number to cut to angles on the fly while playing the tracks. I.E. hold down the command key and hit the number and it generates a switch to whatever camera is represented by that number.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics