Tweening in FCP

Posted by TheNewbster 
Tweening in FCP
April 06, 2006 02:11PM
I am still pretty new to FCP I wanted to move simple in out. I take my picture, cetner and size where I want to start. in my case it is on a window frame and then zoom to the left and out bacl to the size of the foto at 100%. I got the path correct but the speed is weird. .Its about a 5 second clip and 4 seconds are great, but the last second it zooms back hard. no a steady pace. HELP!!
Re: Tweening in FCP
April 06, 2006 03:31PM
> Its about a 5 second clip and 4 seconds are great, but the last second it
> zooms back hard. no a steady pace. HELP!!

That means you didn't actually put the final keyframe at the right place. Make sure you have a keyframe on the final frame and the Motion parameters are set to the correct settings.
April 06, 2006 03:38PM
but the last second it zooms to the end, hard. not a steady pace. Not a gradual through the whole 5 seconds, slow and then the last seconds speeds up fast....HELP!! (spelling and word correction)

April 06, 2006 03:46PM
In the Canvas, go to the little square above the window...next to the % window, and click on it to get the drop down menu. Select IMAGE + WIREFRAME. You will now see the path. OPT-Click or right-click on the final keyframe and select EASE IN/EASE OUT. You will then see in the canvas a blue dot appear a bit away from that keyframe. Grab that and move it towards the keyframe...STRAIGHT TOWARDS IT. If you drag it off to the side all sorts of interesting things will happen. This will slow it down.

This is tough to describe this in a post. Easier to show...hmmmm.

-shane
April 06, 2006 04:02PM
Now I did do that, but the green dots are still there, the only thing that happpens is that the whole image shifts over left some. Looked for a blue dot, but did not see one. Is there an easier way to keyframe instead of the motion tab. I.E. zoom in filter, zoom out filter, pan left filter, and then you can customize from there.. It is had not knowing any local editors. sometimes, ya just needs some hands-on.. If ya might have an answer for my current delema that would be great.
April 06, 2006 04:23PM
There are several third party plugins that you can do this with:

[www.lyric.com]
Pan Zoom Pro

[www.stagetools.com]
Moving Image

You can also use Motion to do this...and After Effects.
April 06, 2006 04:32PM
Shane you have been of great help. Those are out of my budget. But I will keep in mind for when I do have money. Is there a tutorial on keyframing a zoom/pan?
April 06, 2006 05:39PM
Why, YES THERE IS:

www.proapptips.com/shane

MOVEMENT ON STILLS.

I figured you knew what to do, since you were doing it.
April 06, 2006 07:19PM
yea, I learned by doing smiling smiley always good to read some literature.
April 06, 2006 07:38PM
i think what he's talking about.

after effects has a feature that avoids this: exponential scale. easy ease can also 'mask' the effect/issue in the way that it starts and stops in a 'slow' movement.

somebody explained this to me once and i can't remember exactly how it works. it has to do with the computer calculating the 'distance' it has to 'move' over time.

based on the raw math that it performs, it does in fact speed up or slow down (depending if it's a push or pull) if your move is over a 'great distance'.

just thought i'd throw that out there as no real tangible help at all smiling smiley
fp
April 06, 2006 08:39PM
Look up "Velocity Handle" in the manual.

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead, DV Products
Adobe
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro Community Blog
Follow Me on Twitter!
April 11, 2006 02:36PM
As near as i can tell, fcp does not offer a "key frame assistant" that helps with exponential scale (zoom)--only after effects does this.

Try this, then try after effects...

[forums.creativecow.net]

|| To ask for permission is to seek denial. ||
April 11, 2006 02:37PM
As near as i can tell, fcp does not offer a "key frame assistant" that helps with exponential scale (zoom)--only after effects does this.

Try this, then try after effects...

[forums.creativecow.net]

|| To ask for permission is to seek denial. ||
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics