Sync

Posted by Iain 
Sync
April 11, 2006 02:22PM
I have a sync issue. I'm on a mulit-cam show with multiple mics running. Since no one camera can take all the audio, it's recorded BWF audio. The audio guys sent SMPTE TC to track 2 on each camera. Now I need to sync the audio to picture, and ideally would be able to convert the TC signal on audio Trk 2 to Aux TC and sync everything up that way. Can't find anyway for FCP to do this -- Avid has a specific analog reader, but FCP doesn't seem to have such a beast. Is there a way in FCP, or another program that can read this track?
Re: Sync
April 11, 2006 02:29PM
I'm not familiar with BWF at all, but did you see the article on lafcpug's home page?

[www.lafcpug.org]
Re: Sync
April 11, 2006 07:17PM
Hi Iain,

As I'm the author of the mentioned BWF2XML in the article John mentioned here some notes on the BWF format.
BWF is just a WAVE file with some special metadata attached. So it doesn't have a QuickTime timecode track, but it has a timecode stamp included within the metadata (which is counted as audio ticks after midnight). Importing those files directly into FCP will always result in a starting TC of 00:00:00;00. To convert this timestamp into a QT timecode track you need to use either the free Sebsky Tools or my not free of charge converter.
Having the WAVE files packed into a QT container with one of these tools, you're able to use the FCP sync options - within the limits of FCP

Regards
Andreas

Some workflow tools for FCP [www.spherico.com]
TitleExchange -- juggle titles within FCS, FCPX and many other apps.
[www.spherico.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics