drive space???

Posted by wayne granzin 
drive space???
April 19, 2006 11:45AM
i just had a client pop up who needs to capture like 2 full hours of footage and that would fill whats left of my capture drive.

is there any reason why it would not be advisable to just go buy another INTERNAL sata drive, pull out my current capture drive for the day and pop a new one in, then replace my old one tomorrow? is that going to create problems for the boot disk, seeing variable seconday internals????

i would just go buy an external fw drive, but the local vendors only sell maxtor and lacie type stuff and i dont have time to mail order...
Re: drive space???
April 19, 2006 11:53AM
The Mac goes out and looks and mounts each drive as it boots. There shouldn't be any troubles at all changing the drive for this one job. Power down the machine completely and pull the power cord.

I wouldn't make a habit of it because eventually, the cables will wear out and you will get erratic connections, but for a one or two off, it's fine.

You need to make darn sure that FCP isn't standing on something that this drive has--a cache or buffer file. Disconnect the drive and see if FCP throws up. It's perfectly valid to expect FCP to tun on one drive. The Laptop People do this all the time.

Koz

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics