fcp rescue question

Posted by frankpledge 
fcp rescue question
April 24, 2006 02:34PM
if you can believe it i can't figure out FCP rescue. I SWEAR i searched the archives, but everyone says: just use fcp rescue...

i let it dump my prefs and then -

re-open FCP which creates new ones

and it only allows me to trash again. it also says that my files are corrupt. huh?

is my system screwy or am i just thick in the head? i guess BOTH might be the answer...
fp
Re: fcp rescue question
April 24, 2006 09:18PM
The point of FCP rescue is to quickly be able to restore your own preferences, like, how many auto saves, how many undos, where the windows appear and so on.

The first time you use it, press 'Trash Settings" and it takes your preferences back to factory settings. Easy, but all your little changes are now gone. So - then go through and set up FCP the way you like it. Then run FCP rescue again and choose 'Backup settings". This makes a copy of all your preferences for FCP - all the things you change in the settings from factory spec.

It should now say - settings in place - backup safe.

Next time you need to use it, choose trash settings and restore settings. This should replace the current (corrupt) settings with the clean backup set you made last time.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics