Multiclip Question

Posted by Zaniac Media 
Multiclip Question
April 27, 2006 03:12PM
I just captured two tapes from a two-camera shoot of a play. One wide and one closeup. I didn't realize I was supposed to assign an Angle # to each tape before I captured. So I assigned each tape an Angle # in the Bin afterward (01 and 02). It appears Final Cut see's my two different tapes both as Angle 1.

My multiclips show up labled as follows:

DVX001 [1]-multiclip 1
TRV001 [1]-multiclip 2

The cams are a DVX100A and a TRV900, hence the clip names.

I don't see both clips simultaneously in the viewer to be able to cut between them.

Do I need to recapture with Angle numbers or am I missing something simple? Timecode started at 00:00:00 on both camera's if that makes any difference but of course the cam's are not sync'd.

I used to simply lay down my wide under my closeup and cut where I needed to. This is probably easier than dealing with multicllip, but I wanted to try it out.

Thanks for any help.

ZM

Dual 2.3G5
4GB RAM
FCS
OSX 10.4.6

Post Edited (04-27-06 13:22)
Re: Multiclip Question
April 27, 2006 03:25PM
Could it be that my Reel Names need to change since they both contain the numbers 01 in them?

The Reel names are LM DVX01 and LM TRV01.
Re: Multiclip Question
April 27, 2006 06:23PM
Highlight a clip and then go under Edit to Item Properties then Format. Assign a different number (I've only used single digit numbers) or letter to each clip you are going to use for the multiclip. Find a sync point on each clip and set an in point. Then select both clips in your browser and under Modify select Make Multiclip. Load new multiclip into your viewer, option drag to the timeline then under View make sure Playhead Sync is Open. You're ready to switch between clips as you play in the timeline by clicking the shot you want in the viewer with your mouse.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics