Sample rate problems

Posted by NotaPipe 
Sample rate problems
April 30, 2006 07:53PM
I have two questions:

1) I am trying to convert sound fx and music from cds from 44.1 to 48, and am following the instructions in the manual, but am unable to select 16 bit for an AIFF file, which the manual says is important. The 16 bit selection in the drop down menu is faded, in otherwords, it will not let me select it. The tracks in final cut converted this way are corrupted.

How do I convert from a cd?

2) What is the right workflow? When is the best time to make the conversion-- from a file on my desktop, or withing FCP?

Thanks for your help.
Re: Sample rate problems
April 30, 2006 08:53PM
> 1) I am trying to convert sound fx and music from cds from 44.1 to 48, and
> am following the instructions in the manual

Are you trying to use Final Cut Pro to import CD tracks directly from a CD you put into the computer? You can't do that. Final Cut Pro will create a reference to the CD track itself, but will not produce a corresponding file.

You need to use iTunes or Compressor to convert the tracks from the CD. Insert the CD, go into iTunes, set preferences (APPLE-Y; Advanced - Importing, set to AIFF encoder, 48kHz, 16-bit). Choose the destination of the converted files (APPLE-Y; Advanced - General - iTunes Music Library location), then select the tracks, go to Advanced - Convert Selection to AIFF.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics