How much do you charge?

Posted by Televisionworks 
How much do you charge?
May 01, 2006 07:32PM
Hi friends,
It just pop in my mind to know what independent editors charge to edit in FCP with their own systems.
Let's make an open survey of today's market place. Just mention your city and how much you charge per hour.
Here's mine:

HOUSTON 75$-100$ x HR> (SD-miniDV-BetaSP-S-VHS)

Televisionworks
Re: How much do you charge?
May 01, 2006 08:24PM
I have issue with stating this, as it allows others to underbid me on jobs. I let people know once and was stung.
May 01, 2006 08:37PM
we have already covered this subject in various degrees of detail - just search the forum for "rates" or "charge".

nice to se another houston guy here anyway!
May 01, 2006 09:45PM
Do a search...done to death. My rates are not set in stone anyway...depends on the project / budget / material / delivery format. EVERYTHING'S negotiable.

- Joey

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

May 02, 2006 01:31AM
Heck, I just do everything for free. I made up my own language so the client can't understand me during the session. If they have a question I look at them and say something like, "Ueeeeze Viavo se la boostea" They have no idea what I've just said. (neither do I) They look at one another and nod. Of course, charging absolutely nothing means I have to plug my G-5 and monitors into the power outlets found on the base of some of the lights (not every one has the outlet thingy) at walmart's vast parking lots. I think it's important to rely totally on donations and have a silver platter for just such things. (Helpful hint: put a hunski on the thing and chances are they'll drop at least a 20 for a job). I think best of all is to look for clients at Craigslist.com. Heck, there's plenty of work for folks who want to work for free or charge all of 100-dollars for an entire 15 hour day.
May 02, 2006 01:55PM
Charge? we can CHARGE?

wow...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics