Audio GAPS again...

Posted by Televisionworks 
Audio GAPS again...
May 03, 2006 07:50PM
Well... the trouble is back again... This time I try the mixdown and it did not fix it.
Here's the bio of the trouble:
MAC G-5 Quad 4 GB RAM
FCP5
External LaCIE Drive 160 GB & 250 GB

The show is 28':30"

The audio gap is about 3 to 4 seconds.
It happens 2 to 4 times as I playback the final edit.
Video is not affected.
The audio gap happens in random places but after doing more tests it happens arround 6 to 8 minutes into the program (?)

Check all settings of audio but I suspect I have a setting that is conflicting with something... My FCP4 set up was perfect so since I am new to FCP5 I wonder if there are some new features hidden somewhere...
Check manuals and ideas nothing worked so far...

Original footage is coming from DV-Firewire 400. All editing is fine. I rendered many times over and save. Did try the Mixdown trick but did not work this time...

What am I missing? where's the rat?

Thanks in advance for any help.

What will be the perfect config for DV on FCP5 ?

Daniel
www.televisionworks.com

Televisionworks

Televisionworks
Re: Audio GAPS again...
May 03, 2006 09:11PM

<<<I playback the final edit.>>>

That's when a lot of sins pop up.

Scroll all the way down to the bottom of this page; to the "Desparation Method."

[www.kozco.com]

This works in FCP 5 as well. A lot of people do this for the final layoff whether or not they experience problems.

Koz
May 03, 2006 10:26PM
Thanks Koz!
I found the 3 rats!
Rat #1 The Wacom tablet was hooked up to my keyboard USB.
Rat#2 The Canon Scaner was hooked to the front USB plug of the G-5.
Rat#3 The biggest RAT! I did have other shows open in the back, (other sequences)a TV spot and a video presentation with 250 pictures.
With my G4 I could do that practice but the G5 seems to be more picky.
I did close all those projects disconect the unecessary peripherials and the audio gaps are gone for good.
The paper you suggested should be in the cover of every FCP manual ever printed.
If you are a serious editor and reading this post you MUST print the page
that KOZ is suggesting, frame it at your office and have a back up print with your passport and emergency money!
Thanks again...

Now is my turn tu help for a while, I don't want any more troubles for 6 months.

Dan.
Tip of the day: "Learn to asolate the problem" Software-Hardware-Human error"

www.televisionworks.net

Televisionworks
May 04, 2006 11:21AM
<<<The paper you suggested should be in the cover of every FCP manual>>>

Yes, well. Glad to help.

There is also version of this on the Apple web site and you cured problems that don't appear on the page, but yes, we got tired of stepping everybody through all that every time, so I wrote a compilation.

At the time I wrote it, those were by far the most common causes of damaged playback.

Koz

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics